Monday, June 20, 2011

Living the Dream

It's quite a bit more difficult that I imagined to keep up with this on a regular basis. I guess we'll see how long it lasts. Over the past week or I've been pretty busy with work and all that fun stuff. Spent the weekend at the lake, got a ticket coming home from the lake, and got placed at the Southaven store.

Well, for starters... I can honestly say I enjoy my job. Just about everything about it. I never dread going to work and overall, I just really enjoy playing the game. It's always been my dream to "climb the ladder", and to be completely honest... its fun. To me it literally is just like playing a game. You get to sit back at times, analyze things, make moves strategically when the time is right. Its just fun. I'm looking forward to the Southaven store placement. I can say my gamble with saying no to Brownsville definitely played out for the best.

Candace and I went to the Heber Springs this past weekend to meet my parents and I really enjoyed the trip. It was very much needed. I didn't bother with any water sports and just sat around the entire time. Sometimes laziness is the way to go. It solves all problems. I enjoyed listening to her wedding plans as well. I finally caved and let her decide what I am to wear but I'm pretty confident in her ability to dress me to my liking. It was also great to see Macy back to her normal self. I'm pretty anxious to see if we can get her calm enough to actually be in the wedding but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She's got around a year to learn everything and calm down. On the way back, I managed to find a cop with nothing better to do than give a ridiculous ticket in the wonderful BFE town of Pangburn... I would say more but it'll only make my blood pressure rise so I'll pass.

And finally, just to cover what's going through my head today... This game, this life... its great. Everything about it. Yeah, things sometimes suck. I don't always have just a constant stream of luck. My bank account has its limits. But regardless, have you ever sat back and noticed how everything just ever so happens to happen? It all pieces itself together in ways words can't do justice. It's just pretty cool to sit back and reflect on how you've gotten to where you've gotten.

I suppose that's all I got for this one, until next time I'll be living the dream. Playing the game to make it to the top. Remembering where I came from the whole way up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment